Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday, September 14th

Follow-up appointment with surgeon Dr. Winchester. My first reaction is to complain about walking into a 3:30 appointment at 3:15 and being told "The Dr. is running about an hour late." Really? Are you f***in' kidding me is what I thought. "Oh, that's fine, we'll wait" is how I replied. So this is how it's going to go, this whole breast cancer patient that is learning patience the hard way! Thankfully Clay was able to return some emails and I got to fill out 8 pages of forms for the plastic surgeon appt. tomorrow night... I'm like a friggin' boy scout, always prepared. I'm sure I'll be waiting at that appointment too and I'd have plenty of time to fill out my own personal novella then. Anyway, so knee jerk is to complain but do you really want to walk into an empty waiting room with a doctor who is waiting to see you right away? That might be unnerving. I'd rather wait and see a superstar. One time though I'll show up an hour late and see how they like that! Ya, that's right!!
Anyway, Dr. Winchester was not at all alarmed at my "shadows" on the MRI and since I ordered up a double mastectomy, the point is really moot. They will be tested in pathology when they remove all of the breast tissue.
Here is what we learned:
1. Appointment can not be scheduled until I meet with Dr.Geoffry Fenner the plastic surgeon (Wed night at the very convenient hour of 9:30pm) Clay was laughing so hard when he scheduled that. Yes, you heard it here folks, I let Clay schedule an appointment...I'm letting go already.
2. If all goes well with Dr. Fenner, I will call Thursday am to get those offices working together to find a mutually agreeable date in 3-4 weeks.
3. Chance of chemo is higher than previously indicated...call it denial but I truly thought maybe I could dodge that bullet. Turns out Superman, I am not. It's coming right at me and I am just preparing myself for it.
4.The Crock pot is revolutionary. Absolutely LOVE that we walk in the house at 6:30 to a bubbling crock of Italian beef. Thanks Kim Randle & Christine for sharing your fabulous recipe with me. It was so yummy!
Next appointment with the plastic surgeon where hopefully Clay can "test drive" some new models :) HA HA

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are trudging through this. I am sorry that you have to wait so long for these doctors. What a pain in the butt! Just think though - I can fill you in on all the "real" details after my surgery. Yippee! Thinking of your often!

    ReplyDelete