Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Friday, September 24, 2010

Surgery begins....

After a long day of waiting, made much easier by having friends and family at the hospital, Julie went in a little before 4 this afternoon. She should be done in 3-4 hours and we are hoping for an update about the lymph nodes in an hour and a half. Julie was strong and in good spirits all day and when I left her she was grinning from ear to ear which I would like to attribute to my witty sense of humor but it probably had more to do with the valium she was injected with.....she mumbled something like "what's up bitches?" at one point.

More to follow...Clay

2 comments:

  1. Been thinking of you all day........I'm sporting my pink here in Minnesota!
    Hope all goes well this afternoon. I'd imagine the waiting (this past week and all day today) has been tough. Keep us posted.
    -Megan and all of the Wohlwends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been thinking of you all. It was so touching to walk through Walker School today....pink ribbons and balloons and clothing everywhere. Your Julie is one loved and appreciated gal!! Thanks for the update, Clay. Hope you guys are hanging in there through the long hours today. Thinking of you all and hoping that everything goes smoothly and cleanly today!

    ReplyDelete