Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Monday, September 27, 2010

Postcard from Vicodin-land

High! I mean Hi! Just wanted to send greetings from Vicodin-land. Wow, how in the hell do people get addicted to this? I can hardly function as a human being. I am so blurry and fuzzy and my tongue doesn't work. While it does help the pain it does nothing for me in the fun department. I am so boring and sleepy. The pain is very manageable, kind of feels like the day your milk comes in times 3. It is just pressure and discomfort. I have lost most of my attachments (still have the drains). I had some lidocaine drips going right into the incisions and Clay pulled those out today. He is quickly becoming Clay, R.N. and doing such a great job at stripping my drains...gross, keeping my meds coming and he even washed my hair today. Cleaning up felt great but really wore me out and I had to crawl back into bed. Thankfully we have Monday Night Football on tonight to counteract all of the boob discussions. My Mom & Dad are here helping along with Jim. Can you believe we all stayed up to watch the Dexter season premiere last night. How's that for dedication! I guess watching other people's drama and fictional drama is sometimes easier than dealing with your own! It has been nice to have all the help. Thanks to all who have sent cards, emails and flowers. I feel the love and know that all of the prayers & good wishes have kept me well. I have a follow-up with the plastic surgeon on Wednesday afternoon where I can hopefully lose the ace bandage for support and graduate to something a little less post-surgery! I am off to go drool during the bears game....

2 comments:

  1. You don't get that giggly high from the vicodin, huh? That's what's addictive...and that you build a tolerence after a while... happy to hear all is well and your spirits are up. Evanston hospital IS like a hotel (hello, movies on demand?! You should see the post-partum rooms...)! But anyway, working on a little something for you but in the meantime you just get prayers, ok?

    Hugs,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your photos, Julie. You have such an impact on those in your life...very touching! So glad to get a chance to see you up and about for a moment last night. Take care!

    ReplyDelete