Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Monday, September 13, 2010

A little bit about me...

This should have been the first post but I was so excited to purge my story I forgot to add this....
I am a 37 year old stay at home mom, recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I am healthy, work out, eat well and drink water all the damn time. This news came as a big surprise to me as well as others. Breast cancer is not picky and doesn't give a shit that I do Zumba or that I am co-president of the PTA this year. I won't even start to try and figure out how & why but I will focus on the future. Beside me, all the way, is the most supportive husband a woman could ask for, three daughters who add more sparkle/shine to my life that I could've ever imagined and two labs that shed more damn hair than any other creatures on earth.. My breast cancer diagnosis can be considered bad news but I am turning it into good news. This experience will shape how Clay & I will continue the rest of our journey together. It will put the term "living" into a clear perspective. It will change the definition of who I am. Pretty lame that it took a couple of sick cells to change me and my perspective. I hope you enjoy the blog. In case you didn't know...I have a secret writing passion that was birthed by the American Idol Pool that I've ran for 8 years! I essentially blog every week on the happenings of the show. I love it. Anyway, after fielding so many calls and emails this week, I have proven that you actually can talk too much and have found myself with a hoarse voice and headache at the end of the day!! Don't hesitate to still call/email/text...pick your pleasure.
"Thank you for being a friend"

3 comments:

  1. You are one of the loveliest people I know! Thank you for sharing your journey and your beautiful "American Idol" inspired ability to write. Lots of love and prayers to you, Julie. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spunky Theta sister! You have not changed a bit. Seriously I challenge anyone to find a person who is as outwardly friendly as Julie Mullenbach! Your positive attitude shines through in your blog and I know that you will beat this battle gracefully.

    I will be thinking of you every day. Go get 'em girl!! Love you.

    xoxo
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - This is great and I will look forward to reading your posts just as I look forward to your American Idol chatter! I am so inspired by your strength and determination and know that you will get through all of this with flying colors and with great news boobs! :-) Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and don't hesitate to call if you need anything at all! Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete