Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, September 19th

Today is a good day at our house. Grace turns 11 today and what a beautiful reminder of the things that are so special to us. Friday, September 24th is the date for my bi-lateral mastectomy. I am asking all of my friends, family, neighbors, loyal fans :), etc. to wear pink. I think this will be especially poignant at Walker School where my kids will be able to see the support in their classroom. Many thanks to our friends & teachers who have already told me they will Rock the Pink on Friday. I recently did this for my friend Kathy Washburn's mom and I thought of her so many times during the day. The power of positive thinking and expression will get us through :) When you are wearing your pink on Friday (Or any other day for that matter) please take a picture, I'd love to see my supporters who I won't be able to see when I'm knocked out for a few hours! I will post them on a slideshow on the blog.

Have you done you monthly self exam yet? This does not apply only to women. Gentlemen, you need to be doing self exams too! You should be checking out "the boys" and making sure they are healthy too. This could save your life!! I think I am up to 9 women who have either gotten a mammogram or their annual exam. Rock on ladies, keep 'em coming.

One last request, Pray. Just pray. Doesn't matter to whom, or where, or when or for what, just pray. Please.

With all my love and gratitude :)


8 comments:

  1. I'll be pink and praying and thinking of you for certain. Best of luck for a smooth and successful surgery on Friday, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet we will be ROCKIN' THE PINK and thinking of you on Friday! As my mom said to me, when she came out of recovery, "Tell your friend that she CAN do this!" And you can - you are a fighter!!! Wishing you all the very best, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord, Julie. Just heard and of course we will Rock the Pink. I have to work at Archiver's on Friday night and they are donating all weekend "crop fees" to Breast Cancer and I was going to dig out something pink to wear.

    I'll be thinking about you while helping out other fellow scrap book addicts organize their cherished memories.

    If you need anything at all, let me know.

    Sending big hugs, giant kisses, and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do we send our pink pictures to? I'm already picking out my outfit for you! Go Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea Julie - our thoughts & prayers are with you all ❤ you are so strong and brave to share your journey, helping so many along the way. We will rock the pink and kick the cancer to the curb! Peace, love & light

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock and of course Lindsay, Emily and I will "rock" the pink on Friday! You can totally do this! Sending huge hugs to you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending lots of prayers and thoughts your way, Julie. We'll definitely be wearing our pink and I scheduled my mammogram today! Blair

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, We will be wearin' pink here in Texas. You give us the strength to go forward. Stay strong and know that we love you. Barb, julie & jim, Scott & julie and all 4 boys

    ReplyDelete