Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday 9/20

I'm so finished with this "new me." I have spent years being organized and on top of all my shit and then one little breast cancer diagnosis and it all goes out the window. I am dropping the ball all over town. PLEASE, know that this is a temporary insanity and I will return post surgery bigger and better than ever...literally and figuratively :) I had a tense day, I always tend to crash the day after a birthday and I still haven't quite recovered from a late night and a couple too many beers on Saturday night. Pretty lame that it is taking me 2 days to recover from being out until midnight on Saturday. So enough of my pity party, Clay & I are hashing out weekend plans. Amazing that my surgery couldn't have collided with a worse weekend. The kids are extra busy and under normal circumstances this is a double black diamond weekend. Many thanks to those moms helping us shuttle the kids around. I couldn't do this without the love and support of great friends.
So I was a little down in the dumps and my mom sent me this to watch. Totally made me smile. Hope you enjoy it too!
Nobody puts baby in the corner!
Peace out :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are feeling down....can't imagine you'd be human without having those days, Julie. You have a large circle of support for no reason other than how incredibly wonderful you are from being Mom to coach to PTA Pres. to UofI gal, to wife, to friend, to daughter, to sister, to Aunt, ETC!!!!

    I loved your Mom's video and couldn't help picturing you and Clay in the Jaimee Lee Curtis/John Travolta spots. You in your unitard and Clay in his....were those shorts?

    Happy thoughts to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get 'em Julie. Just think of the surgery of a forced way to catch up on all the sleep you haven't had since Grace was born. Jack will be calling you, please call him before or after the surgery with ANY questions. We are only a mile away.

    ReplyDelete