Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tuesday September 13th

MRI results are in...The good news is that nothing will ever be as bad as hearing the words, "It's cancer." The bad news is that the MRI has shown two other suspicious areas in my left breast and a suspicious area in my right one too. OK, it's a slam dunk on the double mastectomy. The nurse said that if I'd like to do the breast conservation, I could do more mammos/Ultrasounds and biopsies on these other areas. Gee thanks, think I'll pass and take them all off at once. They will remove both breasts and do a whole pathology report on all suspicious areas. Thankfully, my cancer advisor and survivor, Kim has educated Clay & I that Breast MRI's frequently have false positives. SO, I am not that freaked out by this development. I will hear more at my Tuesday afternoon appointment with the surgeon. We are also scheduled to meet a plastic surgeon on Wednesday night. Let's get this show on the road boys. I have cancer in my breast(s) and need to get it out ASAP!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, I love this blog and will be with you all the way! Should we get the People Magazine out now and start looking at Hollywood breasts? Love, Carol.

    ReplyDelete