Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1/4 of the way there...1 down, 3 to go!!

I had my first treatment today. I must admit yesterday was harder than today. For those who called and left messages yesterday, sorry I didn't answer or reply. I had a super busy weekend (on purpose) and it got the best of me. We went to the Bears game on Sunday...if it could even be called that and it really kicked the shit out of me. I was so tired and out of sorts on Monday morning and was beaten down by anticipation so I just didn't feel like talking, I know...surprise, surprise! Thank you all for reaching out to me, I could feel the support and that made today all the better! I tolerated all the drugs they gave me and it was so much less dramatic than I anticipated. Thanks to the entertainment chairman, Clay, for providing me with lots of distractions. I had to turn off "The Hangover" that we were watching on Clay's iPad, in fear that we were laughing too loud/too much. I bet the nurses liked that!
I have started a little headache and popped some motrin but feel relatively decent. I am waiting for the other foot to drop as days 2 & 3 are the hardest. I plan on taking it slow, reading and getting caught up on Friday Night Lights which we are 1/2 way through. Love that show!! The girls keep reporting to me on my "green status" Either I am turning into an Ogre or I just started the side effects of chemo.
Love to you all! Snuggle with your babies/spouses/significant others and tell them how much you love them. Right now!!

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear, girl! I hope that a little something made it your way... and I found the other part of it today...in the bottom of my purse. I will send it to church w my dad Sunday to give your parents to get to you. We are all keeping you in our prayers here. Even Mikey says get better. :)

    Hugs,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, Hope that you are still feeling well today. Know that we are all thinking about you.
    Love, Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo....you're a quarter of the way there! Hope all remains "tolerable" in the next day or two. Been thinking of you.
    Megan and the Wohlwends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Julie Go! I know you can do it just pace yourself. I like the Green Orge idea I might use that at home. You are in my thoughts often. I posted late to your last blog but call me if you are interested in a massage person who works specifically with BC patients for your "cording" issue. She works wonders on me when I had that problem. Sending you lots of strength and courage your way! Ivy

    ReplyDelete