Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Who needs hair anyway?

You'll see the new buzz cut on the slideshow to the right. As predicted with great accuracy, on day 14, I started losing my hair. If I wasn't so utterly fascinated by it, I would have been freaked out. I was able to grab small and large amounts and literally remove them from my head. In fact, I believe I freaked a few people out with my new "party trick". After two days of this and some really gross shower episodes, I knew the shave was imminent! Lucky for me, Clay, my younger brother Jim & Dad all shaved with me. I went first and Clay shaved me to a #3, then he went next and shaved to a #1 and then Jim went bad ass bald. First shaved to the scalp and then with shaving cream a razor! My Dad was so inspired by Jim that my mom shaved him as well! We think he looks like Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad. This is only a problem if my Dad starts cooking meth in the basement :) I told Jim he needs to play this "shaved to support my sister who has breast cancer" card and pick up some chicks!! It was a really liberating feeling to be freed from hair that was falling out. I explained to the girls that this is a good sign that the medicine is working hard in my body. Quite honestly I'd be worried if it didn't fall out! They seem to have adjusted well and can be found rubbing my head throughout the day! Maybe it'll bring them good luck, like a buddha. I'm scheduled for Round 2 (ding ding) on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. YOU and the BOYS LOOK FABULOUS!! Love the pictorial...Uncle Jimmy DID look bad-ass bald yesterday and I told him so! Glad you're not feeling urpy...let's hope for the same during this 2nd treatment. Kick it GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jules you look gorgeous! I'm totally serious. Not many ladies can pull it off, but you can for sure. Must have been all of those years in ponytail training. Clay and the guys (Go Mr Mullenbach!!!) all look fabulous as well. Good luck with the next treatment. You rock, my friend. I love you!! xo

    ReplyDelete