Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Monday, November 15, 2010

Well THAT was short-lived.

You couldn't imagine the changes from Thursday night until Sunday night. My #3 shave was failing me. There was hair everywhere. On my coat, on my shirt, the couch etc. "Master Clipper" Clay took me down to a #1 shave which is what he is sporting. First of all....wow is that short! Second, after my shower I wasn't even a #1 anymore, more like a #.5 scattered with #1 and a little skin. Imagine a globe if you will, Chloe will love this since she was just studying world geography, that is now my head. There are bald spots like the oceans and the patches of hair here and there are the continents. I think I'll quiz the girls tonight :) So it is on! Big time! Time to wear the hats 24/7. I slept in my "sleeping cap" last night and have to say it kept my noggin nice and toasty and also collected a boat load of hair while I slept. More bang for my buck: Sleep cap/hair collector. I am just hoping the paparazzi will not photograph me through the windows because I plan on hanging out at home...bald and proud! Enter at your own risk :)
I got the following from a family friend, thanks Mrs. Bach! I shared it with my girls and they all got a kick out of it and have repeated it to me! I want to share it with you:

Attitude


There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,

and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

'Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.'

So she did and she had a wonderful day.


The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror

and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.'

So she did and she had a grand day.


The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed

that she had only one hair on her head.

'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.'

So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.


The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and

noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

'YAY!' she exclaimed. 'I don't have to fix my hair today!'


Attitude is everything.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You look fantastic- really, you do. Now we need a slide show of your hats and wigs.....the options for "head decor" are now endless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, YOu are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the poem,attitude is everything!!!!

    Katie Zidell

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED that poem! You are awesome, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the poem! I will share it with my girls....the caps are wonderful but I actually get hot at night when I get the wonderful "chemo induced night sweats" so it ends up on the floor by morning. You look great but your attitude make you look beautiful! You make all of "us" chicks proud of you in your journey. Inspiration to me as well!

    ReplyDelete