Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Almost there...

Happy to report that third chemo was totally uneventful. Isn't that nice? I will be the lucky recipient of a Clay administered Neulasta shot tomorrow night to help me with my white blood cell count. I was pimping him that he should be called Clay R.N. - Do you remember Greg R.N. from "Meet the Parents" - What a great movie...love the circle of trust! Can't wait to see the next one "Little Fockers" ! This shot is longer lasting than the one I got last time and should keep me from dipping so low which will help prevent infection and I will not need to go in for any blood counts. 21 days and counting until my last treatment...yeah!
I have been as busy as a friggin' bee leading up to this treatment. I think it's a function of me knowing that I am "going down" for a few days. On Friday night I took Grace to Miracle on State St. and we saw Ingrid Michaelson & Maroon 5. I asked Grace to dress me and pick out my scarf...trying to not embarrass her yet I thinking my singing and dancing did just that! What a great show, a fun night and a perfect 1st concert experience for her. I also enjoyed Adam Levine immensely, I'm not usually a "skinny jeans on a guy" type but his voice...it's like buttah!
Another first happened this weekend and the girls got to go to their first Blackhawks game. They were so impressed and engaged. Clay & I loved seeing the birth of Hockey fans. Not that they weren't before, it's just that the United Center experience can really seal the deal! We were a little dismayed by Patrick Kane getting injured but were able to overcome our angst by the 4 goals scored by the Hawks. And to make the night even better the Hafners were on the Jumbo Tron - The kids were so excited and Jane kept asking when we were going to be on the big t.v. again. I was, of course, totally laughing that of all the damn times for me to be on that huge thing is with my red bandana on! At least I was up and dancing and having fun! :)
It is with sharper focus and joy that I hold onto these moments a little longer and treasure them so much. I had my 38th birthday yesterday. Once I had kids, I haven't cared about my birthday so much but this one I cherished. I am happy to be having another one and will welcome any that come my way.

4 comments:

  1. Here's to many more Birthdays to come! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! You look beautiful and radiant. I see the joy in your face. How fun! Time flies and before you know it you'll be done. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo!! You guys are so cute and it is only right that the girls are true hockey/sports fans. Big hugs!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that things are going well for you guys. Julie: I admire you and you look smashing!

    ReplyDelete