Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer update

Hi! Hope you are all enjoying a relaxing and fun summer. Just wanted to share an update with those of you who are wondering what is going on. I went through spring with multiple reconstruction visits to the plastic surgeon for the finishing touches. I had a nipple reconstruction and then when those healed, I had areolas tattooed on. I can finally say I am part of that "elite" club of tattooed people. Hopefully it can get me a discount to the Wisconsin Dells!! Let me just mention that this hurt like hell and was quite a process that I hadn't anticipated. I was released from weekly appointments on June 15th and told to come back in 6 months - Yippeee! So I am enjoying a much need break from doctors appointments and am living in fine chemical balance of tamoxifen and balancing all of the side effects. Life is as close to normal as I am going to get. It's a new normal!
I ran a 5K in June and am scheduled for a mini triathlon and the Urbanathlon in a relay this fall. I am feeling great! My only complaint is the hair. I prayed and prayed for hair and then I got it. It is totally curly and I am sporting a white girl afro - which gets especially poofy after time spent in the pool. These are problems I have never had always having super straight hair!! So life is good if that is my short list of complaints!! Here is a picture of the new 'do. I even have a little curly mullet brewing back there - Hey Billy Ray Cyrus - I'm coming after you!!
That is Clay, Me, Lisa & Adam (Clay's sister & Brother-in Law) before U2 at Soldier Field!


I want to invite you to join me and my family for the Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure" in Lombard at Yorktown Mall on Sunday, September 25th. It is a wonderful way to kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. I'd be honored to have you celebrate my one year anniversary with me! There is a walk, a 5K run and even a 10K run. Follow the link and join my team...Treasure Your Chest!

http://www.komenchicago.org/komen-race-for-the-cure/teams/

Call or email me with any questions.

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment