Welcome!

I am happy to have you follow my journey. On September 3, 2010 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I was stage 1, grade 2, ER/PR positive and Her2Neu negative with no lymph node involvement. These are my stats and I'll never forget them. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and made it through 4 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 weeks apart. I completed my treatment on December 28th and look forward to a healthy and cancer free 2011! Hope you laugh and learn and remember to Treasure Your Chest...Don't forget to do your monthly self exams!
Rated PG-13

Friday, January 21, 2011

A watch pot never boils...

There is no more patience left...it is agonizingly slow to grow hair. This is something I used to take for granted...no more...I will appreciate every mm that my hair will give me! I have just begun to see the signs of new hair...a little stubble, no doubt, brought on by my expensive hair growing serum and very cheap biotin vitamins. I think I can, I think I can....let's grow some hair.

I started my next round of the cancer fight by taking Tamoxifen. I have almost two weeks under my belt and it has been mostly uneventful. A couple of 3am hot flashes (How did I wake up in an oven?) nothing a good fan can help :) This is it for the next 5 years. Luckily Tamoxifen is cheap and my cancer-fighting war is just $8/month. It's about time I found a deal in all of this business!

I've been so busy being a chemo graduate that I haven't even had time to blog about my life. I think that is a great thing? I have been feeling great and other than the no hair business, life is similar to what is was pre-diagnosis: too much laundry, dishes, homework, meetings, responsibilities and not enough sleep, relaxation, and spa days. Sound familiar?

Bear Down Chicago Bears...While you are sitting in your warm living room cheering, think of my husband who is braving the cold second Sunday in a row down at the lakefront...where he is going to freeze is going to freeze his flippin' ass off!

I will update pics as soon as I get some hair!!

Hope you are still treasuring your chest and doing your self exams each month. Remember things can change quickly and the quicker you address issues, the better off you'll be!! Off the soapbox now.

If anyone is interested I am starting up my annual American Idol pool and will reload my Idol blog. We are total addicts at my house. I am so excited to get the season underway. Shoot me a note/email and I'll make sure to include you in any communications!!

Keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment